Thursday, March 27, 2008

The Journey of a "Young" Baby

Welcome. We hope you enjoy being a part of our firstborn by reading along. We will periodically send out updates when new posts have been made.

Many of you know the beginning of our amazing story, but just in case there are a few that do not have all the details...Once upon a time...
On January 31, 2008 Kevin & I found out through a home test that we were in fact pregnant! WHAT?! We had somewhat planned this, but just didn't think it was going to happen right now. What I mean is that we decided we would try, but I got cold feet and wanted to wait. Well, God was ready for it to happen now. Immediately, we told our parents. Both sets of parents (or should I say Grandparents) were thrilled. This will be the first grandchild on my side and the fourth on Kevin's side.
We received confirmation of the pregnancy on Febrauary 12. This was the most amazing doctor's visit I have ever had! Since I was only 6 weeks along, there wasn't much to see on the ultrasound, but we did get to see the small peanut. Kevin asked about hearing the heartbeat and as Dr. P. was explaining how tough it would be to find the heartbeat at such an early stage...there it was! Our baby's heartbeat! That feeling of knowing that this is real. We are having a baby. A baby is growing inside of me. WOW! There are just not words to describe. I had a smile form ear to ear. It was as if our baby was saying hi to us for the first time. So, here is a picture of Baby Young at 6 weeks.
From that point, we started making the phone calls to family and friends to share our great news. And, Kevin and I started talking baby...names, gender, nursery, money, etc.

Almost 4 weeks later, we had our second appointment with Dr. P. This time the appointment went much quicker. We heard the heartbeat again and we both were still in awe of the sound. And, we had another ultrasound and to our surprise Baby Young had changed dramatically. We think we might have a dancer on our hands as much as the baby was movin' and shakin'. If this ultrasound is any indication of how active our baby is going to be, we definitely better stock up on the energy drinks to keep up! In the ultrasound photo at 9.5 weeks, you will see the little nubs for arms and legs. Isn't Baby Young so adorable!? (And, oh yeah, I have gained 2 pounds.)

So, that in a nutshell catches everyone up to date. We have our next doctor's appointment on April 3. More news to come from that visit. We ask that you would keep us in your prayers as we continue growing this amazing gift from God.

3 comments:

Gerald said...

I am so happy for you two. You guys are going to be great parents. Thanks for keeping us up to date on the baby news :o)

David said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
David said...

Well Julie and Kevin. I got on here and read what you put and it is just like you telling me all over again and as you would know I cried happy tears all over again. We love you guys.